WHAT HAS THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACCOMPLISHED?
- Free public meetings with valuable information
- Continued to support the Carrick/Overbrook Block Watch with the help of Overbrook Community Council
- Continued support of the Communities Against Crime event along Brownsville Road
- Continued the CCC website www.carrickpa.com
- Continued the CCC Facebook page
- CCC contributes regularly to the Carrick Google Group
- Annual Halloween Costume Contest
- Continued support of 4 public perennial gardens in Carrick
- Coordinated with LAMAR advertising for 2014 mulching of the LAMAR Site #1 garden
- Annual Community Cornfest
- A project of the communities of Carrick and Overbrook
- Assisted in coordinating new trees in Carrick and the Carrick Tree Tenders for tree tending dates
- Continued to inform the Carrick neighborhood about events and meeting within neighborhood Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Continued a strong relationship with the Hilltop Alliance which allows for a voting board member and advisory member
- Continued a strong relationship with Economic Development South (EDS), Carrick's Community Development Corporation, which allows for a voting board member and advisory member
- Allotted Carrick CDBG funds with the help of Councilwoman Rudiak's office to Economic Development South for the Dairy District project along Brownsville Road
- Supported EDS with the Brownsville Road Node Study
- Continued to support EDS and Councilwoman Rudiak in the redevelopment of the former Giant Eagle site along Brownsville Road
- Received a Love Your Block grant for the beautification of the Leolyn Parklet
- Organized monthly clean up days for the community during the warm weather months
WHAT WILL THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACHIEVE MOVING FORWARD?
In addition to maintaining many of the achievements from the past we will continue to operate as a 501(c)(3) organization to acquire a larger range of grants and funds to contribute to the community in a much broader way and build relationships with other community organizations.