WHAT DID THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACCOMPLISH IN 2013?
- Free public meetings with valuable information
- Continued to support the Carrick/Overbrook Block Watch with the help of Overbrook Community Council
- Continued the CCC website www.carrickpa.com
- CCC contributes regularly to the Carrick Google Group and Facebook page
- Annual Halloween Costume Contest
- Continued support of 4 public perennial gardens in Carrick
- Coordinated with LAMAR advertising for 2014 mulching of the LAMAR Site #1 garden
- Annual Community Cornfest
- A 2013 project of the communities of Carrick, and Overbrook
- Assisted in coordinating new trees in Carrick and the Carrick Tree Tenders
- Continued to inform the Carrick neighborhood about events and meeting within neighborhood Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Continued a strong relationship with Economic Development South (Carrick's Community Development Corporation) including a voting board member
- Allotted Carrick CDBG with the help of Councilwoman Rudiak's office to Economic Development South for the Dairy District project along Brownsville Road
- Continued to support EDS in the redevelopment of the Overbrook School into a senior living campus
- Supported EDS with the Brownsville Road Node Study
- Continued to support EDS and Councilwoman Rudiak in the redevelopment of the former Giant Eagle site along Brownsville Road
WHAT WILL THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACHIEVE IN 2014?
In addition to maintaining many of the achievements from 2013 we will continue to opperate as a 501(c)(3) organization to acquire a larger range of grants and funds to contribute to the community in a much broader way and build relationships with other community organizations.