WHAT DID THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACCOMPLISH IN 2012?
- Free public meetings with valuable information
- Continued the CCC website www.carrickpa.com
- CCC contributes regularly to the Carrick Google Group
- Annual Halloween Costume Contest
- Annual Carrick Goes Gardening Showcase
- Annual CCC Garden Party
- TAG Totally Against Graffiti
- Continued a strong relationship with Graffiti Task Force
- Annual Community Cornfest
- A 2012 project of the communities of Carrick, and Overbrook
- Assisted in coordinating new trees in Phillips Park and the Carrick Tree Tenders
- Worked with the Mayor's Taking Care of Business Districts program for the re-installation of 6 banners along Brownsville Road.
- Continued to inform the Carrick neighborhood about events and meeting within neighborhood Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Community Services such as sponsoring the Phillips Park indoor soccer team
- Forged a relationship with the help of Councilwoman Rudiak with Economic Development South
- Allotted Carrick CDBG with the help of Councilwoman Rudiak's office to Economic Development South for the Dairy District project along Brownsville Road
- Supported EDS in the redevelopment of the Overbrook School into a senior living campus
- Supported EDS with the Brownsville Road Node Study
- Supported EDS and Councilwoman Rudiak in the redevelopment of the former Giant Eagle site along Brownsville Road
WHAT WILL THE CARRICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL ACHIEVE IN 2013?
In addition to maintaining many of the achievements from 2012 we will continue to opperate as a 501(c)(3) organization to acquire a larger range of grants and funds to contribute to the community in a much broader way and build relationships with other community organizations.