IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE THE 18th ANNUAL CARRICK GOES GARDENING CONTEST
Sponsored by Carrick Community Council and the Carrick Business Association
Dedicated to the memory of founder Mary Cahill
Any Carrick 29th Ward resident, business, school, or church may enter this annual event. Our goal is to have fun while beautifying our streets and neighborhoods (There’s a little competition too!)
Contest Rules and Judging
1. Deadline for entries if Friday, July 2, 2010
2. Entrants must submit an entry form, enter by telephone, or send an email. (One entry per address.)
3. Impartial volunteer judges will visit and judge all gardens
4. All gardens will be judges on purpose, color, design, impact, horticultural practice, and overall creativity
5. Entries can be mailed to Carrick Goes Gardening Contest, 2306 Spokane Ave., Pgh, Pa 15210 or deposited in the box at the Carrick Library.
6. Entry forms are available at the Carrick Library, Hess Floral Shop at 2601 Brownsville Road, and Representative Harry Readshaw’s office at 1917 Brownsville Road.
7. Judging will be from July 5th to July 23 on a random basis. Gardener need not be at home during judging.
8. Winners or representatives must be present at the September 8th celebration to receive awards.
Gardeners may submit spring or summer garden photos but judges will also take photos if necessary.
Our Garden Awards Celebration will be at the Carrick Community Council Meeting, September 8, 2010 7 P.M. at Concord Elementary School
To print the entry form click here