Purpose: Provide education and leadership to address local public safety issues.
- Conduct monthly educational and informational meetings on public safety
- Promote a good working relationship between citizens and law enforcement officers
- Act as a liaison between Carrick and Zone 3 Police Station Public Safety Council
- Advocate for appropriate response from Pittsburgh Public Safety Departments, as needed
- Involve citizens in combating graffiti and reporting crimes to improve the environment in Carrick and surrounding areas
- Committee members regularly attend public safety meetings conducted by both the local police department as well as city sponsored meetings
- Encourages streets to from Block Watches and maintain contact with those Bloc Watch Captains.
- Active Membership with Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group, Safe Neighborhoods Network
- Formal block watch program in the Carrick community in conjunction with the Overbrook Community Council
Important documents and information